Hello,

Shout out to the OpenBSD developers for making a great OS!

I was able to install OpenBSD 6.6 on a Dell Latitude e6400 laptop, with a
USB Install. Sent the dmesg in already.

The installer would not recognize the hard drive, a brand new SSD drive.
The solution to that, from stack exchange, was to change the SATA settings
in BIOS from IRRTL to AHCI, that fixed the problem.

However if my laptop is powered off for a while, the SATA setting changes
back to IRRTL instead of AHCI, very annoying, not sure why the BIOS would
not make my changes persistent. I think it may be a hardware issue, but
just wanted to know if anyone else has encountered this before?

Thanks.

*Michael G. Workman*
(321) 432-9295
michael.g.work...@gmail.com