I wouldn't call 64Mb "small" for memory, it's tiny. Even 20 years ago 64 wasn't really enough. The introduction of kernel relinking on boot has been noted since 6.5 (or was it 6.4?) to make tiny memory systems obsolete. They simply can't cope. Theo has noted he has other projects in the pipeline that will make that situation even worse. The only thing I can recommend is to stick to an older version of the OS and not use the machine for anything needing web browsing. It can still be a useful console terminal to headless devices, for example.

Good luck,

Noth