On Sat, Mar 07, 2020 at 04:19:17PM +0100, Otto Moerbeek wrote:
> It looks like some BIOS do not like the recent biosboot changes.
> Symptoms are a hang in the bios.
>
> I reverted them, the next amd64 snap should be ok again.
>
>       -Otto

i read notice last Sat ... Mon i was in the office and updated
my "toy machine" with OpenBSD ... but not all the mirrors have
fetched the latest snapshot, yet. i got bad snapshot.

reading the whole thread it seems the most affected brand was Dell.
the "toy machine" is a Dell Vostro 470 BIOS A14.

it seems the Dell BIOS reads the disks before even going into a
boot selection menu. for this Dell, going to BIOS means selecting
the option from the "boot selection menu". HDD with bad biosboot
+ USB (install66.fs) fails to bring up the boot selection menu.
i had to remove the HDD data cable for the machine to get back
the "boot selection menu".

- rgc