I use significantly slower hardware than yours, AMD SOC with ordinary 2.5"
7200rpm HDD (bioctl encrypted). The same HDD has been installed on the same
platform when OpenBSD was 6.5-current with the same encryption level.

Cyrus imapd implementations don't present in my setup.
Dovecot+opensmtpd+PostgresSQL are working in production and I don't see any
activity of them which can cause stutters.

I think it can be USB2/3 issues, but I don't know how to diagnose it.

Hope somebody give an advice regarding diagnose on system level of the 6.6
itself and 3rd party software behavior.

Peter, can you share which software you started in /etc/rc.conf.local
by
pkg_scripts="imapd..."

I'll try to find some correlation.

Martin