On Fri, Apr 03, 2020 at 05:03:23PM +0200, Otto Moerbeek wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 03, 2020 at 07:11:12AM -0700, Justin Noor wrote:
>
> > Hello OpenBSD Community,
> >
> > Hope you all are staying safe during these crazy times.
> >
> > I am looking for any feedback on an installation error that occurred using
> > the custom-layout partition option across two SSDs.
> >
> > ERROR:
> >
> >   Installboot: no OpenBSD partition
> >   Failed to install bootblocks.
> >   You will not be able to boot OpenBSD from sd0
> >
> > VERSION:
> >
> >   OpenBSD 6.6 release/install66.fs media
>
> I don't think so, the logs below shows you were using a snapshot, or
> maybe a mixed install (boot from a snap install.fs, but install older
> sets; don't do that).
>
> That would be my bet. Since you neglected to show any more detailad
> info like the way you partitioned or an install log it is impossible
> to diagnose what is going on.

Thought about it a bit more. Since you did an EFI install and
installboot did not find your EFI partion (it fell back to MBR) I must
conclude that your custom disklabel did not include an entry for the
EFI partition. Normally that would have been the 'i' partition in the
auto-created disklabel.

        -Otto