On 2020-04-07 18:21, Rudolf Leitgeb wrote:
> You have no chance defending your desktop against each and every attacker, no
> matter
> which operating system you have running.

True if you consider physical attacks and for most hardware, otherwise mostly
false. Anything can be hacked is also one of my biggest annoyances as a mantra
from "infosec", that gets more money than it deserves in comparison to real
security, like OpenBSD works on. Anyone that says anything can be hacked without
qualification, loses any respect from me, atleast for that moment. Even browsers
take some skill/time to hack and a modern browser is anakin to putting the Death
Star exhaust port in the hangar of a Mon Calamari Cruiser.

Even OpenBSD had a remote root hole just
> a few weeks ago.

I believe that is false too.

To the OP. I apologise if you are not but to me I thought you are/were a Troll.
If not then I would consider what you posted from the point of view of a Vulcan.

Did you even consider pxeboot as a vector, if installing from a cafe? HW bios
defaults are often atrocious, unlike OpenBSD defaults!

p.s. A web browser that is rarely exploitable is perfectly possible. It would
require some breaking re-design and likely removal if not severe limitations on
js, for a start though. I'm guessing wasm will not go the right way to fix js.
Perhaps infosec could chime in on improving was but then they would be hurting
their own income streams!! Annoying!