Hi,

Kevin Chadwick wrote:
> Go/Golang can cross compile non graphical programs for many systems including
> OpenBSD from Windows etc.
>
> This means that web apps can be almost as cross platform. Of course the
> browser
> isn't so easily built/bundled cross platform with many app creation
> technologies
> supporting OSX, Windows, Linux and occasionally Android like ionic but not
> BSD.
>
> fyne may work but not sure I want many OS installations for building apps and
> again fyne-cross, leaves BSD... in the cold.
>
> Electron doesn't support mobile, but mobile apps have webview/go support.
> Electron produces huge apps though.
>
> Currently I am thinking like portsdancer of just opening a web browser but in
> app mode where possible for PCs. Not sure how slick that option, can be made
> but
> is most flexible.
>
> I guess an option is to build for some platforms and provide the source for
> packagers. Perhaps porters would know of graphical apps that were easy to port
> e.g. Qt?
>
> Any other ideas, perhaps from the Lua gaming community etc.?
>
> Thank You for any help

You don't say much about your requisites....

I use, program and contribute to GNUstep. It is fine for Desktop, but if
you cite mobile, I think you need a secondo front-end anyway to have a
decent app. With GNUstep you could then target UIKit Cocoa, but for
Android you are alone.

GNUstep is well packaged for OpenBSD, is very BSD (NetBSD and FreeBSD)
friendly, Linux, Solaris.
Making an app then work also on Mac is easy.
(other way around, as most people do, is harder)
Windows is there too, but a bit less maintained :-P lots of potential,
works for what is there (there are corporate users) but not as polished,
since we FOSS developers don't know that platform so well or don't have
fun in it.

Riccardo