On Wed, 20 May 2020 at 08:34, Carlos Lopez <clo...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  I just set up an OpenBSD 6.7 kvm guest on an RHEL8.2 server and selected q35
> instead of pc as a machine type. Everything seems to be working fine, except
> for the network interfaces (virtio interfaces). They don't work.
>
>  On the other hand, if I modify q35 by pc, everything works correctly. Do I
> have to change any parameter or option in OpenBSD to use q35 as a machine
> type, or is it simply not supported?

This is probably a question for the qemu-discuss mailing list. How
were you able to install OpenBSD if the interfaces were not working?
Any relevant bits in dmesg? Output of ifconfig? I haven't tried 6.7
yet, but I can boot 6.6 fine with:

qemu-system-x86_64 \
-drive if=virtio,file=/home/oc/VM/img/openbsd.image,index=0,media=disk \
-M q35,accel=kvm -m 250M -cpu host -smp $(nproc) \
-nic user,model=virtio-net-pci

--
Ottavio Caruso