On May 22, 2020, at 10:08 PM, David A. Pocock <da...@sdf.org> wrote:

> Consider:
>
> workstation$ eval $(ssh-agent)
> workstation$ ssh-add ~/.ssh/my_primary_key
> workstation$ ssh-add ~/.ssh/my_secondary_key
> workstation$ ssh-add -l
>       xxxx hash /home/user/.ssh/my_primary_key
>       xxxx hash /home/user/.ssh/my_secondary_key
>
> workstation$ ssh -A intermediaryhost
>
> intermediaryhost$ ssh-add -l
>       xxxx hash /home/user/.ssh/my_primary_key
>       xxxx hash /home/user/.ssh/my_secondary_key

David,

It doesn’t seem to work. When I do a ssh-add -l I get file paths only for rsa
keys, not ecdsa keys. I’m running OpenSSH 8.1 (OpenBSD 6.6 - yes I need to run
sysupgrade), 8.1p1 (macOS 10.15.4), and 8.2p1 (Ubuntu server 20.04 LTS).

In any case I tried specifying the original key file paths to ssh on my
intermediate server

> ssh -v -i /Users/myusername/.ssh/id_ecdsa g...@bitbucket.org

but got the warning:

> Warning: Identity file /Users/myusername/.ssh/id_ecdsa not accessible: No
> such file or directory.

According to the debug trace, the authentication then went through using a
different key from my ssh-agent’s store.

—Paul