Hello Brian,

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 02:35:46PM -0400, Brian Brombacher wrote:
> What do you do with <smtp> table in other rules?  If you’re doing nothing,
> you need to do something like block additional connections, or adjust the
> pass rule to include from ! <smtp>

You're right.  I forgot to mention I have these lines before:

  table <smtp> persist file "/path/to/smtp.txt"
  block in log quick inet proto tcp from <smtp> to any port { smtp smtps }

> Run: pfctl -t smtp -T show
>
> Does it show the offending IP?  If so, the rule worked as you defined it.

I run a cron script that parses my log files and also add the offending
IPs to that table.  To be sure the max-src-conn-rate adds those IPs to
the table I'll have to create an alternative table just to test.