> On May 31, 2020, at 6:07 PM, obs...@loopw.com wrote:
>
> ipmitool is timing out on my system with the kernel driver loaded, where I
> havent seen this in previous releases.
>
> I looked at the changes in 6.7 for ipmi.c, there's a number of them (thank
> you!)  My intention is to bisect for which change may have caused this, but
> if someone knows what’s going on, I’m all ears.

I didn’t have to bisect! Woo! While ipmitool no longer seems to function, once
I enable ipmi in my running kernel I can successfully reboot a 6.7
ipmi-of-this-vintage system now - where previously, from 6.6 going back into
late 4.x land, these systems would hang on reboot until I reset the BMC.  I no
longer have to create a custom /etc/rc.shutdown and other things that did evil
stuff like reset the bmc just before rebooting the box in order to avoid a
lockup.  Oh right, my point:

THANK YOU FOR FIXING UP THE IPMI CODE! THANK YOU!