On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 03:43:09PM -0600, Austin Hook wrote:

> I have a similar problem with the 6.7 release which I just installed today
> on an 8Tb drive I'm using with my older ASUS laptop.
>
> athn0 at pci3 dev 0 function 0 "Atheros AR9285" rev 0x01: apic 2 int 17
> athn0: AR9285 rev 2 (1T1R), ROM rev 13, address 74:f0:6d:7a:42:7f
>
> Can't seem to shake it with a cold boot.

Even if "cold boot" helped, the problem would still be narrowed down much
further before it could be addressed. There's no obvious code change anyone
could make based on the knowledge that something only works after a cold boot.

> However no matter what I do I can't get a connection to my farmhouse
> wireless router.  It's a DIR822 Dlink.  Of course I know that's a low end
> router.  Recently they recommended a firmware upgrade, and since then I
> found that I was unable to set it up for no password, and had to add one,
> and then add that password to all the other devices in the house.

There is one interop problem in 6.7 which has been fixed in -current
by reverting a change which was committted between 6.6 and 6.7:
https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=159100149411516&w=2
Perhaps that applies to your situation? Could you check if a -current
bsd.rd kernel is able to connect to this problematic AP?