On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 10:57 AM Martin <martin...@protonmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Alpine kernel 5.4.43-1-virt guest openbsd 6.7 stable host. Try to compile vmd
> from -current to improve linux guests stability.

Are you also running a -current kernel? vmm(4) is in the OpenBSD
kernel...vmd(8) is in base.

> set clocksource=tsc in /etc/update-extlinux.conf
> run update-extlinux to install boot loader.
>
> Next boot getting this in dmesg:

> [Frimware Bug]: TSC doesn't count with P0 frequency!
> tsc: Fast TSC calibration failed
> tsc: Unable to calibrate against PIT
> tsc: No referece (HPET/PMTIMER) available
> tsc: Marking TSC unstable due to could not calculate TSC khz

Honestly, chasing Linux tsc issues will waste your time. If you're
using a -current snapshot, build https://github.com/voutilad/vmm_clock
and load it as a Linux kernel module and give up chasing tsc
calibration issues for now unless you want to get intimately familiar
with the Linux kernel.

> Dave, I've never asked about qcow2 or raw disks in any of my previous email.

Apologies...saw another Martin (mar...@sukany.cz) reply to the same
subject and thought you were the same Martin :-)

-Dave