On 2006/02/26 14:13, Reid Nichol wrote:

> inet ------ andrew  ------ xander
>               ------------ users
>
>   Everything is working, NAT, RDR for the other stuff, just not the web
> server.  I've tried some variations for rdr used rdr pass, etc, but
> nothing in the logs.  I use:

a simple 'tcpdump -n port 80' on xander will show if the packets arrive
there or not.

>   Here is andrews pf.conf:
> rdr pass on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any port 80 -> $xander port 80

I couldn't identify whether you were using the 'log' rules to debug
where a basic problem with the redirect lies, or whether the problem is
that the logging isn't working. But this creates an implicit 'pass' rule
so if it's the latter, you probably wanted to write 'rdr pass log'.

Just my #0.02, but it's quite a complex ruleset to be looking at while
debugging a problem. You might want to simplify and just use the bare
minimum rules for the problem you're trying to fix. It might help
illuminate the problem and, even if it doesn't, it's easier for people
to help if they have fewer rules to read.