Bruno Carnazzi wrote:
So, I'd like to know if OpenBSD's
AFS could do the following (I assume that our actual file servers are
replaced by OpenBSD AFS cells) :
  * Gently synchronize/distribute 2 physical file servers in 1 logical
file server (real time is not needed)

Yes.

  * Does it scale well (new AFS cells, new clients) ?

Yes.

  * Does it support a quota mechnism ?

Yes,

  * Implementation and Administration cost (we are 2 bright guys :) ?

Hard to tell. Poeple that have done AFS once seldom stops doing it, so there must be something in it to hook us afs-admins

  * What about the file permissions ? Is that Windows 2k3-friendly (ACL) ?

It has ACL's, but they aren't the same as any other OSs implementation.

  * Why OpenBSD devs re-writed an AFS instead of reusing OpenAFS ?

They didn't, they imported arla. Before OpenAFS, it wasn't free either.

  * Integration with ActiveDirectory for authentication ?

Yes, that is possible.

  * Recovery of a lost cell ?

?
There are backup solutions for AFS, if that is what you're asking.
Both commercial stuff that talks afs, and some tape-support-code
in openafs to do it without external programs too.