On 2020-09-08 19:38, Nick Holland wrote:
On 2020-09-08 04:16, Gregory Edigarov wrote:
Hello,

from around two weeks ago I am observing the overall system slow down.
Everything work stable,
but nearly every X application takes forever to open a window.
also I am using tiling wm, and when workspace is switched,
it takes a long time for the system to redraw a screen.
I also noticed that some console scripts like ansible-doc
are also starting slower then usual.

this system only has 8 Gb RAM temporarily,
but top says:

Memory: Real: 1764M/5673M act/tot Free: 2183M Cache: 3284M Swap: 0K/32G

so I do not think it is a memory issue.

was just fine before,  so wondering what has happen.
OpenBSD 6.8-beta (GENERIC.MP) #59: Fri Sep  4 22:46:14 MDT 2020
dera...@amd64.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
well...that's less than two weeks old.  So I'm guessing either you had
the problem and figured, "let's upgrade, see if that fixes it" (not a
bad plan), or you are a regular upgrader (also good).  Can you say if
the problem started with an upgrade?  Or did it occur between upgrades?
Hm, well, yes, I am upgrading regularly. It's my home system,
so nothing mission critical. And therefore why not upgrade it and see what new you guys
are cooking ;-)
Usually upgrading on weekly basis.

sd0 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <ATA, WDC WD1003FZEX-0, 01.0>
Any possibility you have a bad disk?
No, it seems more like it is software problem.
I did some tests, and came to a conclusion that it is chromium, some how while it is not in top for cpu it slows down
things significantly. for now switched to firefox and problem disappeared.
But, just for the record, firefox had issues with sigbus/segfault around a week ago. Now it is rock solid and fast again.