On 24 Sep 12:24, Jan Stary wrote:
> On Sep 24 11:36:24, h...@stare.cz wrote:
> > This is 6.8-beta/amd64 on a Dell Latitude E5570 (dmesg below).
> > iwm stopped working, saying
> >
> >     iwm0: hw rev 0x200, fw ver 34.0.1, address e4:a4:71:40:21:08
> >     iwm0: fatal firmware error
> >     iwm0: could not remove MAC context (error 35)
> >     iwm0: fatal firmware error
> >     iwm0: could not remove MAC context (error 35)
> >     iwm0: fatal firmware error
> >     iwm0: could not remove MAC context (error 35)
> >     [etc]
> >
> > This is after sysupgrade and a fw_update.
> > Is anyone seeing the same?
> >
> > Last changes to sys/dev/pci/*iwm* are months ago,
> > and I have seen it work this week ...
>
> After recompiling current, everything works again. Note that
> it's GENERIC.MP now, as opposed to GENERIC installed by the sysupgrade.
> (Can that be related to a iwm error?)
>
>       Jan

Hi Jan,

I have a similiar problem when using sysupgrade on Dell 7400 and on one Dell
7280 - installer switches to bsd.sp. I tried to debug that but when I boot
into ramdisk it properly detects MP cpu. Checked that several times. I have
another 7280 with exact the same config (dd'ed the hd) where it doesn't
happen. That's strange.

--
wq: ~uw