The result of time() has type time_t and we know what kind of number
goes there: seconds since 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds, January 1,
1970, Coordinated Universal Time.

In my FreeBSD running on a 64 bit processor this type is: int (__32_t).
It considers this size enough for above information.

In my OpenBSD running on a 32 bit processor this type is: long long
(__64_t).

None of both has an unsigned type, although time moves forward
(more or less fast!!!).

Is there a reason for this discrepancy? Is there no standard for the
size of time_t?

And what does mean the types with __? I find it so confusing. :)

Rod.