On 2020-10-17, Aisha Tammy <openbsd.m...@aisha.cc> wrote:

>>> There is a talk on YouTube about using a few OpenBSD boxes with 10gb, maybe
>>> this helps somewhat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veqKM4bHesM
>>
>> 10Gb ports work fine, passing full 10Gb of traffic on those ports not so
>> much, and we're nowhere near passing 10Gb of small size packets. (the
>> limit is more to do with packets per second than speed).
>>
>> "do the upgrade to 10GbE" isn't specific enough as to what's needed to be
>> able to give much usrful advice.
>>

> Is there anything non technical that users can help with?
> I know donating hardware is one but I don't know if thats what is needed
> in this case?

Testing diffs, especially those related to kernel locking, and reporting
back on them can help.

Running -current, updating fairly often, and reporting on problems seen
(with a good date window for when they were first seen, or even better
bisecting to the individual commit if possible) can be useful too.