On 10/19/20 12:20 AM, Kastus Shchuka wrote:
On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 08:55:16PM -0400, Aisha Tammy wrote:
Hi,

  I just upgraded to 6.8 and the upgrade process has been super cool and simple
:)

Unfortunately I seem to have hit some weird issue in OpenSMTPD where it has
stopped
delivering the mail using Dovecots LMTP due to sending as wrong user.

osmtpd tries to send the mail as *_smtpd* even when configured to send as a
different user *excision*

Could it be this change: https://marc.info/?t=158789029000002&r=1&w=2 ?

Well damn... That would indeed cause this error.
I guess a simple fix would be to add _smtpd to the socket group or change socket
group to _smtpd.

Another fix would be to have the whole virtual user system also be done using
_smtpd but I feel that keeping things with separate users is better.

Thanks a lot for the answer!

Aisha