On 2020-10-21, Brennan Vincent <bren...@umanwizard.com> wrote:
> Will the URL to check look something like
> https://cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/amd64/ ?
>
> I checked there; all the files were touched within a 10 minute period.

See Antoine's answer about spidermonkey, but note that "cdn.openbsd.org" is
basically a fancy web cache setup. You cannot trust the directory listing
to reflect the files that you fetch from inside that directory. The listing
is just "an object", i.e. the html page with the index, which can be cached
in whole - and is more likely to be cached by the CDN than some random
package because it's frequently accessed and reasonably small (good hit
rate, low resource use).

Personally I recommend *not* using the CDN for snapshots.

For releases it varies; you won't suffer from this same problem because
the files (mostly) don't change - but if your nearest CDN node is far
away from the origin server that it fetches/caches from, and you have
a decent local mirror, you're likely to see better speeds from the
local mirror.