From: Pierre Emeriaud <petrus.lt+open...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020, 10:36 am
To: misc <misc@openbsd.org>
Subject: wg(4) listen on a specific interface / address

  Howdy misc@,

  I have a fairly complicated setup with lots of interfaces, a couple
  of
  rdomains etc.

  I'd like wireguard to listen only on an IP address, not all. But if
  my
  understanding of ifconfig(8) is correct, this doesn't seem possible
  currently:

  wgport port
  Set the UDP port that the tunnel operates on.  _The interface will
  bind to INADDR_ANY and IN6ADDR_ANY_INIT._

  I guess this the reason for the following behaviour?

  $ doas ifconfig wg0 wgport 53
  ifconfig: SIOCSWG: Address already in use
  (the error message is generic I guess - but confusing imho)

  $ netstat -natfinet | grep 53
  tcp          0      0  127.0.0.1.53           *.*
  LISTEN
  udp          0      0  127.0.0.1.53           *.*

  $  netstat -T1 -natfinet | grep 53
  udp          0      0  127.0.0.1.53           *.*

  Is there a way to circumvent this restriction? (is there a reason
  behind it maybe?)

  thanks
  --
  pierre