On Wed, Nov 04, 2020 at 06:57:38PM -0500, Ashton Fagg wrote:
> yul3n.f...@protonmail.com writes:
>
> > Sorry I think I had a problem with my previous message which appeared
> > to be blank.  I plan to buy a laptop with an AX1650 wifi card, which
> > isn't marked as compatible with the iwx driver. However, it is, in
> > fact, a AX200, which is compatible with this driver, with a different
> > driver for Windows. So I wanted to know if it could work and someone
> > had tested it.  Thanks.
>
> Telling us what model laptop might trigger more responses.

If you get us the output of 'pcidump -v' from such a machine then adding
support for the card should not be very difficult.

Unfortunately there is not just one "AX1650" card. There are several devices
using that name with some variations. Some of these devices will require
firmware to be added to the iwx-firmware package.

But it looks like all AX1650 variants are essentially AX201 devices.
So the driver code should work with little or no modifications once the
device ID is recognized and the correct firmware gets loaded.