On Mon, Nov 16, 2020, 6:05 PM Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:

> bridge (and theoretically switch but I never got it to do anything
> useful) make a group of ports act like a network switch (maybe with
> filtering between the ports).

I've been having issues with switch (4) as well... The reason I decided to
go for switch vs bridge on my APU2 is that, from what I understood, bridge
invokes some ugly locks in the kernel whereas switch was written without as
big of locks in mind. I could be wrong here but maybe someone can correct
me.

I have a feeling there is something wrong with switch(4) but I haven't been
able to independently test that.

-John