Hi,

Jason Tubnor(ja...@tubnor.net) on 2020.11.25 15:52:19 +1100:
> Hi,
>
> We are planning for migration from ripd to ospf, however both protocols
> will need to work together as the migration rolls through.
>
> I was looking at the 'redistribute rtlabel' option, even after digging into
> the code, it is unclear how this would work to bring other dynamic routes
> on the same host to be redistributed by a different routing protocol.

'redistribute rtlabel' can be used to redistribute routes (from the kernel
routing table aka fib) that have a label attached.

Thus, to have a routing daemon announce these routes they have to be in the
fib already. One way to create the routes in the fib is with the route(8)
command:

  route add -label FOOBAR 172.16.1.0/24 172.16.2.5
  route show -label FOOBAR

I am only aware of these mechanisms to set labels on routes added by  routing
daemons:

        bgpd (rtlabel <label> keyword in filter "set")
        ospfd/ospf6d (rtlabel label external-tag number)

Neither would help in your situation.

Can you explain a bit more what you are planing to do?

/Benno