Howdy misc,

A few months ago I posted some issues I was having with switch(4) on
my APU2: https://marc.info/?t=160399082000001&r=1&w=2

I've come to the conclusion that maybe switch(4) isn't as mature
as I thought, or perhaps, I'm just using it wrong.

At the time I was convinced that bridge(4) was legacy and that
switch(4) was a replacement for it. I'm pretty sure I got this
impression from reyk@'s presentation:

https://www.openbsd.org/papers/bsdcan2016-switchd.pdf

To be fair there are a lot of warnings in there that switch(4) isn't
production ready but I think slides 9- gave me the impression that
I should consider switch(4) as an eventual replacement for bridge(4).

My questions to the devs and community are:

1) Has anyone successfully replaced bridge(4) with switch(4)?

2) Is bridge(4) still as bad as described in slide 9? (esp MP issues)

3) Should switch(4) still be seen as a replacement for bridge(4)?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,

John