bast...@durel.org (Bastien Durel), 2021.01.14 (Thu) 16:05 (CET):
> Le jeudi 14 janvier 2021 à 15:47 +0100, Marcus MERIGHI a écrit :
> > bast...@durel.org (Bastien Durel), 2021.01.14 (Thu) 10:20 (CET):
> > > I have a router connected via a serial port to another machine
> > > (which
> > > is usually powered off), wich fails to boot until I connect and
> > > validate the boot> prompt
> > >
> > > I configured my boot.conf as it follows :
> > >
> > > # cat
> > > /etc/boot.conf
> > > set timeout 10
> > > set tty com0
> >
> > I usually have
> >
> >         stty com0 115200
> >         set tty com0
> >         set timeout 2
> >
> > and the machines boot automagically...
> >
> > Marcus
> >
> Actually, it looks like the automagic boot depends on the status of the
> attached computer : when it runs, the router boots automagically, and
> when it does not, then the boot waits until I press enter (after
> booting it, obviously)

Ah, I failed on getting what you meant!

Emitting wild guesses now... As soon as the boot> prompt receives input,
it cancels the timout counter (and doesn't auto-boot). Could it be that
your non-auto-booting machine receives something that looks like input
to the boot> prompt? Can you test with the serial cable detached?

(It would be more comprehensible if it was the other way round:
not booting with the supervising machine beeing *on* and by some strange
mishaps sending input to the boot> prompt.)

Marcus