Riccardo,

Have you created the file in /etc/hostname.interface ? in your case it would be
/etc/hostname.ipw0 if your interface is ipw0

and the WEP Key or WPA KEY should be added, also remember to add dhcp. After
you created the file with the content I added below, you should be able to
execute netstart as root with:

#  sh /etc/netstart

-- example of hostname file --

join "Network-WIFI" wpakey password