The Epson Workforce Pro WF-6090 monochrome laser printer works well.
It sells for about $300. Wifi can be disabled. It works on USB and
network. Here is my printcap:

lp|local line printer:\
        :lp=/dev/lp:sh:sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

rp|remote line printer:\
        :lp=:rm=epson:rp=lp:sh:sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

where epson is defined in /etc/hosts

For me, the latest snapshot

(kern.version=OpenBSD 6.9-beta (GENERIC.MP) #337: Mon Feb 15 10:43:38
MST 2021
    dera...@amd64.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP)

changes the permissions on /dev/ulpt0 back to crw-------

whereas previous snapshots had not.

(Maybe irrelevant, but after I did sysupgrade -s, the installer
halted at the prompt for me after relinking and I had to reboot,
which has never happened to me after sysupgrade -s.)

The latest snapshot of course is doing the right thing with the
permissions.  To then enable users to print, chmod g+rw /dev/ulpt0
(or wherever /dev/lp points) and add users to the group.

I didn't get printing to work on the cheaper Epson all-in-one
Workforce WF-2630, but YMMV.

The Xerox Workcentre 3215 prints over Ethernet, and I was able to
scan over USB.  For printing over USB, I've always had to physically
remove and re-insert the USB cable to avoid printing literal
Postscript commands, as opposed to what I really wanted to print.
Similarly, new scan jobs with saned failed for me unless I removed
and re-inserted the USB cable. I haven't tried scanning again with
the Xerox in a few months though.

I changed the admin code on the Xerox and later tried to access it.
I stored it in a password manager. I know I've re-entered it
correctly. In any case, the printer doesn't like what I'm typing
and no longer allows access to the web interface. Xerox makes it
impossible to reset without calling out a Xerox technician for $300.
Of course, the web interface isn't really necessary anyway, so I'm
not going to pay them. . . .