On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 07:48:25PM -0500, Ashton Fagg wrote:
> I'm curious as to what other folks are doing for mounting iSCSI volumes
> at boot time. I've successfully configured iscsid, and mounting the
> volume manually works as expected.
>
> I found this article [1] which suggests that hotplugd should be used.
>
> I also found this old presentation [2] which suggests it should "just
> work" with an entry in /etc/fstab. Maybe I did not get this correct, as:
>
> <duid>.a /mnt/test ffs rw,noatime,nodev,nosuid,nofail 1 2
>
> causes the machine to go into single-user mode on boot (presumably
> because the iSCSI daemon hasn't yet started).
>
> Am I missing something here? Is hotplugd the preferred way to accomplish this?

Yeah, the documentation is not great.

You need to add 'net' to the mount options in /etc/fstab for iscsi drives.
Then our rc script will do the right thing and mount these drives late
(after iscsid started).

<duid>.a /mnt/test ffs rw,noatime,nodev,nosuid,net 1 2

With that it should work. You can not use iscsi for /, /usr, /var but it
works for /home or /var/www.

--
:wq Claudio