On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 3:58 AM Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>
wrote:

> On 2021-02-26, Sven F. <sven.falem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 8:38 PM Steven Shockley
> ><steve.shock...@shockley.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> I can try it, but I don't think it'll help in my case:
>
> It's worth trying anyway I think.
>
> > Can the patch  sys/net/pf.c r1.1096 be applied on 6.8 ?
> > or does it need some others files to be changed as well ?
>
> It csn be applied directly.

For a month or two my home router has been running 6.8-stable augmented
with this pf.c fix as well as sys/net/fq_codel.c r1.14, without any obvious
performance regressions.

The commit message (and code) on the fq_codel.c fix seemed to indicate that
it might improve performance in much the same way as the pf.c fix, though
perhaps under different circumstances / configurations.

However, I'm not a dev and my opinion isn't worth very much so YMMV.

--david