On Sat, Apr 03, 2021 at 04:06:42AM +0100, Joe Davis wrote:

> > On 2 Apr 2021, at 14:17, Benjamin Baier <program...@netzbasis.de> wrote:
> >
> > GPT-3 gone wild, or what? Definitely to late for Aprilfools-day.
> >

> If it’s GPT-3, it’s slipping.

Yes and no, but if you draw the architecture up:
6 segments in a circle with flat sides and close.
One control line for double data rate to opposite segment and its
neigbhours. Such that the only data path goes straight forward.
Let's imagine that each segment is the equivalent of 16*32 bit vector
operations per core per cycle, and that the chip maths the speed of
light across this octagon or whatever, such that you can pull and push
on this link so hard you cause bremsstrahlung for trying to go to fast
in parts of the segment or chip, killing parts of its over time and
inoperable during the operation.

Before saying that it's insane to run this at 10 Ghz, and that Von
Neumann architecture is better or have a better tuned pipeline.
I'll pump my neighbouring nodes at full speed.

Each clock cycles give each segment the state of 0xfeedbeef, 0xdeadbeef,
0xbeef, 0xfeedface.

So the two neigbhouring segments does deadbeef and use the beefy link to
pump data to the other half of the cpu, I'll start doing remote ddr sram
operations to drive as a von neumann chip.

Which patent would you suggest for this if the important vectorization
is done in software, in a UNIX model that should run on it, where some
things are physical necessities, like a unix consol to a segment and a
daemon that filter instructions, data and handles address space.

You have your big lock that mainly creates the machine state every clock
cycle. There are six fully functional segments that must initialise and
run a local terminal.

Very few have a relationship to Cray, I don't, not original nor
modern Cray's. If you open up a Cray to try and work out how it works,
you find empty space with a bunch of wires, get angry for the evil
inside and go with a bunch of DEC's, as it doesn't involve physics
shenanigans and actually has the important part inside.
But it easier to tweak your digital spec based on length of wires.
There were possible even a reason for picking Intel, as they focused on
the part everyone liked about IBM compared to Cray's.