De : Piotr Isajew <pisa...@yahoo.com>
Envoyé : vendredi 9 avril 2021 22:59
À : misc@openbsd.org
Objet : static IPv6 config on OVH dedicated server

Hi,

I'm struggling to configure IPv6 for my fresh OpenBSD 6.8
installation running on OVH (soyoustart.com) dedicated server.

What I get from the ISP is the /64 address pool.
OVH requires static configuration with gateway outside of the
assigned subnet. According to their docummentation:

 The default gateway for your IPv6 block (IPv6_GATEWAY) is always
 xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxFF:FF:FF:FF:FF.

 For example:

 The IPv6 address of the server is 2607:5300:60:62ac::/64. The
 IPv6_GATEWAY will therefore be 2607:5300:60:62FF:FF:FF:FF:FF.

My problem is how to properly configure the route to their
gateway. I'm trying i.e.:

 ifconfig ix0 inet6 alias 2607:5300:60:62ac:: prefixlen 64
 route add -inet6 -host 2607:5300:60:62FF:FF:FF:FF:FF -llinfo \
  -link -iface ix0

but it doesn't work:

 ping6 2607:5300:60:62FF:FF:FF:FF:FF

 ping6: sendmsg: Invalid argument

I know, that if I shrink the prefix to 56, the gateway starts to
be directly reachable and then it responds to pings.  I just
wonder if there is a way to make the gateway reachable with
proper prefix on the interface.