Hi,

I'm trying to get one of the two 7790-based Radeon cards that I have
working on OpenBSD:

They both show up like this in dmesg:

radeondrm0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "ATI Bonaire" rev 0x00
drm0 at radeondrm0
radeondrm0: msi
radeondrm0: BONAIRE
radeondrm0: 1920x1080, 32bpp

They both work for a time in OpenBSD/XFCE, but eventually the desktop
session freezes. Oddly the mouse pointer still moves, but clicking on
any UI controls does nothing. If sound is playing, it continues to play.
This happens when doing normal 2D desktop stuff, like web browsing.

I found this reddit post which describes the same issue:
https://www.reddit.com/r/openbsd/comments/e077lc/x_freezes_on_my_system_with_radeon_graphics/

The workaround suggested is to kill the XFCE compositor, but I'd rather
not.

I was wondering if anyone here knew anything about this? Is there some
Xorg configuration workaround I could try?

I had hoped to try EXA acceleration, but the card doesn't support it.

(This is all with -current on amd64).

Thanks!

--
Best Regards