Peter Wens <pe...@wenka.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In OpenSBD 6.9 the AUTOCONF4 flag is not set
> with 'dhcp' set in hostname.if (from fresh install)

You have described this incorrectly.  In 6.8, choosing "dhcp" would run
dhclient(8) in that interfaces, and dhclient would set the AUTOCONF4 flag.
That was incorrect.  AUTOCONF4 is supposed to work like AUTOCONF6.

These are per-interface flags which indicate a request: "Someone please
go get us a dynamic address".  dhclient incorrectly believed the flag
meant "I have gotten a dynamic address"

> If 'autoconf' instead of 'dhcp' is used with dhcpleased
> the flag is set.
>
> Is this intentional in 6.9?

Yes, it is intentional.

In 6.9:

1) 'autoconf' is to instruct dhcpleased(8), to do dhcp lease-learning, then
   dhcpleased(8) will communicate learned DNS configuration via
   route-socket to resolvd(8), which will make changes to /etc/resolv.conf

2) 'dhcp' runs a per-interface dhclient(8) which will manage /etc/resolv.conf

The two dhcp modes of operation are incompatible.

By 7.0 we hope to switch to the model described in (1), because this
allows resolvd(8) to blend DNS configuration from multiple sources into
/etc/resolv.conf, rather than havine one per-interface daemon smashing
the file.