Jonathan Drews <jdr...@mail.com> writes:

>  Hello Folks:
>
> I am using OpenBSD 6.9 GENERIC.MP#473 amd64
>
>  I need to disable unveil so I can load files into Firefox from
> other directories. I also cannot load my *.ppd when using my
> webbrowser in root. In the past, I have configured CUPS with the
> URL http://localhost:631. I need to be able to upload my *.ppd as
> my laser printer is not in the list of Xerox printers . I used
> this method in OpenBSD 6.8 and it worked fine.
>
>  I read the man page for unveil but it only gives programming
> instructions. How can I disable unveil?
>

> Kind regards,
> Jonathan

The manpage for unveil only describes how to use it from code, not how
other programs are using it.  For firefox, see
/usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/firefox.

Anyway, disabling unveil is a bad idea, especially for a program like a
web browser that reads and executes random code downloaded from the
network.  Probably, adjusting /etc/firefox/unveil.main to add things
like ~/Document is enough for your use-case.

HTH

Omar Polo,