On Mon, 17 May 2021 20:26:25 -0400
"Jay Hart" <jh...@kevla.org> wrote:

> Its still at 6.7, it there anyway I can update it to 6.9 without
> doing a full re-install, or has the only train left the station?

I updated my Loongson netbook from OpenBSD 6.6 on the week-end to 6.9… the
process I followed:

1. download bsd.rd for OpenBSD 6.7 from ftp.openbsd.org
2. boot it, do an "Upgrade"
3. once booted into OpenBSD 6.7, do `sysupgrade` to get to 6.8
4. once booted into OpenBSD 6.8, do `sysupgrade` to get to 6.9

Note that in my case, I had some fiddling inside PMON2000 to switch the
image from /bsd to /bsd.rd and back again at each step as the
installer/`sysupgrade` does not do this for you.  On AMD64, this should not
be a problem. you should be able to a `sysupgrade`

Worst case scenario might be temporarily changing /etc/installurl to
ftp.openbsd.org to obtain the necessary files.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.