>It looks like 'keep state (if-bound)' iked.conf(5) is not present or being
>respected on the return traffic to the VPN device/firewall from your internal
>network.  ICMP traffic is coming into the VPN device >encrypted, being
>decrypted and passed to the destination.  The destination responds back but
>the VPN device is not taking those responses and pushing them back through
>enc0.

Thank you for your response Jason.
Here is the relevant pf.conf configuration, keep state (if-bound) is there, so
I don't think it's the cause of the problem :

pass inet proto udp from 192.168.1.109 to bge0 port 500
pass inet proto esp from 192.168.1.109 to bge0
pass on bge0 proto ipencap keep state (if-bound)
pass inet from 192.168.9.208 to vlan0:network