aac is still not built as part of openbsd for the same reasons it was disabled: we cant support it without documentation.

to use the raid controller you're going to have to build custom kernels (and maybe custom install images) with aac enabled. or you can disable the raid controller in the bios, ahc will appear, and you'll be able to use it as a straight scsi controller to install on.

you could look for a perc3/dc (which is megaraid based) and use that. that's what i do on my pe2500.

dlg