I was looking into how to configure unwind for my needs, and found
significant discrepancies between /etc/examples/unwind.conf and the
unwind.conf(5) manual.  Namely, the example file had lots of captive portal
info, while the manual made no mention of it.

After browsing source history, I learned that when captive portal support
was removed, the example config was removed.

I'm going to compare the contents of etc.tgz versus my /etc/examples
directory to avoid confusion in the future, but should sysmerge(8) have
removed example files such as this?

Thanks.

--david