I have a running openbsd installation on hetzner without problems.
IIRC had bought a server with one of the default Linux distributions, webt to
server settings and there somehow mounted the openbsd iso and follow the
regular openbsd install on the virtual console.
It's the regular installation and it works flawlessly AFAIK. The only "trick"
was to mount the iso after selecting a Linux installation.