On Mon, 2021-08-09 at 20:02 -0700, latin...@vcn.bc.ca wrote:
> Hello
>
> i have had a smtpd only mail server for 21 years; but now i have a big
> problem related to dkim, dmarc, and spf. First, there is not man page,
> archives are not clear for me, google is confusing; but i have added the
> corresponding dns records, with the result that dkim is not signing mail!
>
> Could someone please point me to specific openbsd place to look for it?
>
> thanks

Your information is far from complete, so don't expect anything
useful from this mail, but:
- smtpd had its first commit in 2008 and back then was far from
  production ready: So are you using base smtpd, or sendmail, or
  something else?
- I assume it's related to outbound mail, but even that is not
  completely clear to me.
- Did you just put a dkim txt record in DNS without any additional
  configuration on your mailserver?
- If you did configure something, what do you use? (e.g.
  filter-dkimsign, rspamd, dkimproxy, ...)
- What kind of errors do you see?

So if I'm taking a blind guess I'd say smtpd, without additional
configuration on outbound mail. In that case I suggest you install
opensmtpd-filter-dkimsign from ports and read the readme:
/usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/opensmtpd-filter-dkimsign and
filter-dkimsign(8).

martijn@