On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 03:31:18PM +0200, Jan Stary wrote:
| The running resolvd recognizes if unwind is running,
| and places 127.0.0.1 at the top of resolv.conf accordingly.
|
| Could we have the same for unbound please?
| I run unbound insted of unwind to also serve some
| local names the machines around the office (beside resolution).
|
| But resolvd only recognizes unwind, not unbound;
| so resolv.conf lists just the external (dhcp) nameservers
| who don't know my local names of course.
|
| Or is there a reason resolvd only honors unwind
| but not unbound?

In this case, why would you not simply disable resolvd and put ::1 in
/etc/resolv.conf yourself?

resolvd is great for when the contents of resolv.conf change as you
move from network to network and you may want to use different
resolvers as you do.  But if you're using unbound on the local system,
why would you still run resolvd?

1. rcctl disable resolvd
2. echo ::1 > /etc/resolv.conf
3. ...
4. profit

Just because there's a shiny new tool, doesn't mean you MUST use it.

Cheers,

Paul

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/