Paolo,

Your results match mine. I was never able to get my apu4 past about 600
Mb/s. I installed pfsense on my apu4 and was able to get speeds closer to 1
Gb/s so there does appear to be some bottleneck in openbsd which holds the
hardware back.

If I recall correctly the i210at hardware checksum offloading was not
enabled in openbsd due to a hardware quirk/bug. It looks like the i210at
still doesn’t do hardware checksums:
https://github.com/openbsd/src/blob/2207c4325726fdc5c4bcd0011af0fdf7d3dab137/sys/dev/pci/if_em.c#L1209

I didn’t profile the system so the lack of hardware checksums may not be
the bottleneck.

Elias