On 2021-10-05, Peter J. Philipp <p...@delphinusdns.org> wrote:
> a lot.  I'm likely going to wait until release 7.0 to upgrade it's only about
> a month away, since the rpi4 is my workstation for everyday use.

Likely sooner than that. I recommend you keep a copy of your existing
boot loader files as I had problems after an upgrade to the 26 Sept
snapshot which I couldn't figure out (which I resolved by installing
the pftf uefi firmware as I couldn't find a U-Boot version which
still worked - symptom was that the kernel booted but did not detect
USB devices, including the one with my filesystems on, so no userland).