On Fri, 2021-11-05 at 15:59 +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2021-11-05, Joel Carnat <j...@carnat.net> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I read in relayd.conf(5) that there is an SNMP agentx feature. And
> > there is an OPENBSD-RELAYD-MIB.txt file in 7.0 /usr/share/snmp/mibs
> > directory.
> >
> > But in snmpd.conf(5), I couldn't found any reference for subagent or
> > agentx. Reading the sources logs, I understood that agentx was removed
> > from snmpd(8) around Jun 30, 2020.
>
> btw, martijn@ is working on this, see "snmpd(8): New application layer -
> step towards agentx support" on tech@ which would benefit from test
> reports/feedback

++
I do want to emphasise that that diff doesn't include the agentx bits.
But having more (any) test-reports will greatly help speed agentx
support in snmpd(8) up.

> > Is there a way to query relayd MIB on OpenBSD 7.0?
> > Either by using snmpd(8) or ports/net/net-snmpd.
>
> Worth a try via net-snmp, or build snmpd from an old checkout..

I developed libagentx with net-snmpd, so that one should work just fine.
Setting "master agentx" in should work, since both daemons default to
/var/agentx/master (as specified by the RFC), but you might need to
tweak agentXPerms a little.

I don't recommend using the old snmpd agentx code. There's quite a few
fixes since then and the reason I removed the code is because it allowed
anyone with access to crash the daemon by use after free.