Hi!

There is also sysutils/usbutil which provides usbgen package

With that you could get the USB descriptors with something like:
doas usbgen -D -v  -f /dev/ugen1

 on OpenBSD. However AFAICT it works with generic ugen devices. I
don't know how to debug for example a USB mass media device.

That being said, I have missed many times non-existing verbosity level
for usbdevs which would dump at least device descriptor. Would this be
desirable enhancement?

Best regards,
Hannu Vuolasaho