Thanks Sebastian, and this situation seems different from the thread that informed me, as my "stall" starts immediately at the Renewing transition and lasts nearly 30 minutes until the client broadcasts.  I believe Florian's fix was for a 20 second or so dropout at the end, where my situation starts right at the Renewing process.

Also, I don't know how to apply a diff, heh.  Looks like I would use sysupgrade(8) to apply the snapshot and that is worth a try.

Best,

Pete