Den tis 21 dec. 2021 kl 02:14 skrev Thomas Windisch
<thomaswindi...@thomaswindisch.net>:
> What resources would be a good primer on the OpenBSD kernel and general
> architecture and give me a good understanding of the internals?
>
> FreeBSD has this:
>
> https://docs-legacy.freebsd.org/doc/13.0-RELEASE/usr/local/share/doc/freebsd/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook/book.html
>
> I understand that in OpenBSD there is the mantra that source code is
> documentation. But as a beginner I'm afraid that I do need something
> explicit that would allow me read the source code in an effective manner.

For general kernel code, The Design and Implementation of the 4.4BSD
Operating System,
and for network/driver code, Stevens TCP/IP Illustrated Volume 2 is a
really good choice.

Even if it doesn't match 100%, when you "get" those books and how code
is/was written,
it will be far easier to get into the OpenBSD codebase.