Hi,

I'm using OpenBSD 7.0.

While building a pf ruleset, I found out that trying to nest macros
results in syntax errors, unless the original macros were defined
with double (nested) quoting (e.g.: "'0.0.0.0/0'" or "\"0.0.0.0/0\"").

I've read the man pages and the OpenBSD FAQ, but could not find any
internal reference to this. I was able to fix my ruleset thanks to a
post on serverfault [1]. Yet, I was not able to nest macros more
than one level deep, since triple quoting the macro value also
triggers syntax errors.

Is this limitation expected ? If so, how can I help to have it
documented somewhere ?

Thank you,

[1]:
https://serverfault.com/questions/575876/expanding-a-macro-containing-a-subnet-ip-address-with-prefix-cidr-in-a-list-us